Mom Applies Vicks VapoRub To Her Baby, Shortly After He Dies. Be Careful With This, Moms!

Advertisement
A mom uses Vicks on her sick baby and it causes the child's death.

You may be surprised to discover the dangers of Vicks VapoRub. After all, we’ve all used it for our fever or nasal congestion, with no problems, right?

However, this ointment is actually a severe danger to children under 3 years old. While it’s fine for adults, in babies it actually increases mucus production by 60%. This mucus accumulates in the trachea and lungs, and blocks breathing.

Unfortunately for this poor mother, she learned the truth too late. When she came back from work one day, she went into her baby’s room. When she got near to kiss him, she realized he had a fever. Thinking it was just a common cold, she thought about a home remedy to relieve him.

She rubbed Vick VapoRub on his chest, back, and under his nose to help him breathe. She tucked him in, laid down next to him, and fell asleep. When she awoke, she realized he wasn’t breathing, so she took him to the hospital.

Unfortunately, he had already been dead for hours. The medical report stated the child died due to inflammation in the respiratory track, caused by the camphor contained in the famous ointment.

While the label on Vicks VapoRub warns of using on children under 3 years old, many warnings on medicine products go unread, and unheeded. Make sure to always read the labels, for your children’s safety and your own!

Advertisement