As it turned out, many foods that we thought were healthy are dangerous for our health. Here are 10 products that are condemned by food experts:
1. Pre-washed and Sliced Veggies and Fruits
Why you shouldn’t eat: Veggies and fruits that are pre-washed and sold as such have already gone through several hands. The more people that touch veggies and fruits, the higher the chance they got their bacteria.
What to eat instead: Buy veggies and fruits on your own or grow them in your yard.
2. Canned Foods and Commercial Chips
Why you shouldn’t eat: Canned foods and commercial chips are abundant in preservatives butylhydroxytoluene (BHT) and butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) which can lead to hormonal disorders. Consuming foods abundant in BHA also leads to developing cancer.
What to eat instead: Canned foods and potato chips made by you.
3. Meat Products
Why you shouldn’t eat: Studies have shown that meat products are abundant in nitrates and nitrites, which are chemicals that can cause cancer.
What to eat instead: Eat homemade jerky meat.
4. Fish Soup and Boiled Freshwater Fish
Why you shouldn’t eat: Scientists at the University of Seville have recently found out that cooking river fish only kills 18% of the dangerous cyanotoxins contained within the fish. The remaining 82% enters the broth which becomes a concentrate of cyanotoxins.
What to eat instead: Eat steamed fish. Steaming fish kills 26% cyanotoxins.
5. Raw Oyters
Why you shouldn’t eat: Bill Marler, an American lawyer, has worked with food poisoning cases for more than two decades. During that time, he became an expert in the field of food poisoning so he decided to share why one should never eat raw seafood.
Due to the warming of the World Ocean, raw shellfish have become a favorable breeding ground for various types of bacteria.
What to eat instead: Oysters that are baked and spiced with a sauce.
6. Raw Brussels Sprouts
Why you shouldn’t eat: The aforementioned American lawyer Bill Marler had 30 cases in his two-decade-long career that involved food poisoning with raw Brussels sprouts. Raw Brussels sprouts are dangerous because they are abundant in E. coli as well as salmonella.
What to eat instead: You don’t have to eat anything instead. Just bake your Brussels sprouts at 320 degrees Fahrenheit for a couple of minutes to get rid of E. coli and salmonella.
7. Fresh Milk
Why you shouldn’t consume: The conditions in which people or machines extract fresh milk aren’t sterile, even though people take good care of their dairy cattle. There’s always a possibility of bacteria and viruses in fresh milk.
What to do: Boil fresh milk or buy pasteurized milk.
8. Sprouted Grains
Why you shouldn’t eat: Because of the possibility of the existence of E. coli and Salmonella in your grains. Also, many commercial grains were chemically treated.
What to eat instead: Grains that were sprouted by these important rules.
9. Rare Meat
Why you shouldn’t eat: Rare meat is prepared at temperatures below 160°F which don’t kill the Salmonella and E. coli.
What to eat instead: Well-done meat.
10. Fresh Juice
Why you shouldn’t drink: Fresh juices can cause infection with bacteria as well as with viruses.
What to drink instead: Pasteurized freshly squeezed juices.