Whenever I’m bored on in a terrible mood, all I ever need to do is take a second, get a steaming mug of hot coffee and have some ambient music in the background. Afterward, I do some research so I can learn a thing or two.
Here are some pretty interesting facts that you may not have known:
1. George Washington inoculated his troops against smallpox, reducing a 17% death rate to only 1%.
2. North Korea owes Sweden 300 MILLION Euros for 1,000 stolen Volvos and every 6 months, Sweden sends them reminders.
3. When a UK Auto Shop mechanic saw Google Street View car coming his way, he staged a murder scene. Police paid the shop a visit one year later after the image was finally spotted on Street View.
4. Some black bears are born white and they’re called “Spirit Bears.” They are not albino or polar bears.
5. Matt Stutzman, a man without arms, holds the archery record for the farthest accurate distance category.
6. Life in Puritan New England was so hard that children and woman who were abducted by Native Americans often refused to come back.
7. On August 1, 1946, in Athens, Tennessee, battle-hardened WWII veterans won a shootout with highly corrupt police deputies who were manipulating ballots and illegally holding ex-GIs in the county jail.
8. In 2013, after more than 20 years of soda being America’s number one beverage, water has taken over Americans’ favorite drink!
9. BMW was forced to recall a female-voiced navigation system on its 5 Series cars in the late 1990s after being flooded with calls from German men saying they refused to take directions from a female.Th
10. The hit song “Hit Me Baby (One More Time)” is mistranslated. The Swedish writer for the Britney Spears’ song thought that “Hit Me” was America’s slang for “Call Me.”